Sugar Bowl Academy is a fully accredited college preparatory high school for competitive skiers.
A Global Community
Each year, Sugar Bowl Academy welcomes student-athletes from different countries around the world. Skiers from Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and Singapore have recently added to our culture and community while establishing life-long friendships and becoming well-versed in the academic and athletic lifestyle in the United States. Upon graduation from Sugar Bowl Academy, most international student-athletes plan to attend U.S. colleges and universities.
Contact Kristen Giordano, Dean of Student-Athlete Life for additional information.
Applying as an International Student
- International students complete the same application form and admissions process as U.S. applicants. However, you should also include a copy of your passport with photo and name page.
- Your school transcripts must be translated into English.
- Once you're accepted, you'll need to provide proof of cash funds for the upcoming year's tuition.
- After we receive the above information, we'll issue you an I-20 form, which you'll need to apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. You'll need both the I-20 form and F-1 visa in your hand (not in your luggage) to enter the country at a U.S. port of entry.
- Before applying for the F-1 visa, you must pay an I-901 fee of $200 at www.fmjfee.com.
You can find more information about the student visa process on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.