Sugar Bowl Academy is a fully accredited college preparatory high school for competitive skiers.
Staying on the cutting edge.
Sugar Bowl Academy uses an array of technological resources to enhance your learning experiences. Through the use of blended learning, flipped teaching models and innovative software applications, we're forging new dynamic and more efficient paths in learning.
iPads, laptops and textbooks
You'll be required to bring one of the following with you to school on a daily basis:
- iPad with a keyboard OR
- Both a laptop and an iOS (Apple) mobile device. The Apple mobile device could be an iPhone, an iPad mini or an iPad.
This requirement supports several school-wide instructional and institutional goals including:
- ongoing improvements to the learning experience for each one of our student-athletes whether on-campus or off
- streamlining our technologically platforms to promote interaction and communication between teachers and student-athletes
- providing teachers with new instructional materials and ways to interact with student-athletes
- reducing the physical load our student-athletes carry around the country with bulky textbooks which often contribute to extra baggage fees
- reducing our carbon footprint by decreasing our use of paper textbooks and printouts
A majority of our textbooks are digital editions that can be read on a number of mobile devices, though we do have a few courses in which we'll continue to use print editions. Stay tuned for a list of required textbooks and school supplies.
Some of the apps we use include:
- Explain Everything
- Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Quick Office Pro