The SBA Student
Sugar Bowl Academy offers a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum, complete with AP classes, lab sciences, and fine arts electives, which provides high standards for personal achievement and responsibility. The curriculum is designed to give students academic competence, a life-long love of learning, and the skills needed to excel in their future opportunities.
The academic program is further characterized by:
- An exceptional and committed faculty with strong academic credentials including advanced degrees in their content areas
- Graduation requirements that meet or exceed expectations of the most selective colleges and universities for incoming freshman.
- Technological resources including wireless Internet access, online library resources, and web-based assignment platforms that enhance on-campus instruction and allow student-athletes to effectively communicate with teachers while traveling
- A comprehensive college advising program with support from both the academic and athletic staff ensures that student-athletes have the very best college matches and acceptance opportunities
- A year-long Senior Project program based on research and real-life learning is designed to be the culminating experience at SBA
- Low student to teacher ratios which provide one-on-one attention and the ability to adjust SBA's academic schedule to accommodate the variables associated with competitive skiing
- Schedules and procedures that promote both academic and athletic success including an academic calendar based on the competition schedule, close collaboration between teachers and coaches
- Teacher presence at major camps and competitions
- Academic and cultural excursions in conjunction with athletic travel including visits to college and university campuses