In order to foster the growth of independent, responsible young adults who face both success and adversity with maturity, SBA offers a comprehensive student life learning program that includes leadership and health living curricula, non-profit volunteer opportunities, and participation in community building programs. The SBA experience develops independent and confident young adults who understand the power of a community striving toward common goals.
The strength of our community and respect that our students have for others sets us apart. Our community has:
- A highly energized student body motivated to achieve greatness in academics, sports, and life.
- Strong, supportive relationships between faculty and students.
- An honor system strengthened by the Student-Athlete Pledge which serves as a contract between students and staff.
- Many, supportive donors who help fund the Foundation’s numerous scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
- Comprehensive health, sports psychology, residential life, and nutrition curricula.
- Annual outdoor experiences that provide settings for students to become independent as well as appreciate, respect, and learn from their natural environment.
- An experienced and committed residential life staff who ensure a secure, comfortable, and fun atmosphere in the dormitory.