The Model Applicant
Sugar Bowl Academy has a competitive admissions process and seeks to enroll students who will be hard-working, contributive members of our community. While skiing may be an individual pursuit, SBA succeeds by creating a team environment where all participants (student-athletes, teachers, and coaches) are expected to support and respect one another.
Sugar Bowl Academy student-athletes are:
- Eager to improve as skiers, scholars, and individuals
- Able to take on new challenges
- Respectful of the ideas and opinions of others
- Happy, curious, and positive
- Able to fail and learn from it
- Ready to charge the mountain on a powder day!
- Goal oriented
- Dedicated to strengthening their bodies and minds by living a healthy life
- Honest, and trustworthy
- Supportive of their peers
- Willing to shovel lots of snow!
If you are an alpine, Nordic or freeride skier who would like to live, learn, train, and compete as part of a challenging, supportive community, we would love to hear from you. Contact the Admissions department for more information.